More About Fountain of Life
Jesus answered and said to her “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a Fountain of water springing up into everlasting Life”
Pastor Nathan and Kathy Searles - Senior Leaders
Pastor Nathan is an anointed preacher and teacher, able to weave real life experiences with scripture, revealing the Word of God for what it is: always and forever relevant to the human heart and able to meet every need of man.
He has personally experienced the healing hand of God after a serious accident left him with several injuries throughout his body. Pastor Nathan has seen firsthand how applying and living out the Word of God brings prosperity, health, and wholeness to us body, soul, and spirit. Pastor Nathan and Kathy have been involved in virtually every area of church ministry.
Kathy places family as priority in her life and is a woman of prayer and wisdom. She has served for many years within children’s ministry and has a heart towards infants and toddlers. She has also worked as a teacher’s aide to preschool and kindergarten age children.
FOLC is a church that desires to reach both the body of Christ as well as the unchurched for the glory of Jesus Christ. We are a church that believes and follows the great commission given by Jesus as seen in Matthew 28:18-20. We are called to help people to encounter Jesus and His transforming power by being involved in the community.
FOLC is a church that values the presence and anointing of God and believes that without it, we cannot truly represent the kingdom of Heaven in our city. The Word of God, prayer, and worship are the fuel from which we are able to go forward into our community and show the love of Jesus Christ by being His hands and feet to those who need Him most. The 3rd book of John verse 2 states it well when it says “I desire, above all things, that you may prosper, and be in health, even as your soul prospers”. This is our prayer for all those we come in contact with and the hope of this prayer carries us onward and upward as we do our part in building the Kingdom of God.
“The Vision of Fountain of Life Church is to be a church that is involved in and relevant to the community. At the very heart of this is to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ by showing how good and loving He is. Sharing how Jesus Christ not only cares about but wants to be involved in the everyday lives of people.”
Fountain of Life Church is a church that values:
- The Presence and Anointing of God – without His presence why do anything?
- Intimacy with Christ – thru Prayer, Praise & Worship, and the Word
- Community – One-Anothering
- Prosperity/Success – to be successful in every area of our lives
Pastor Nathan & Kathy want to show the community that Fountain of Life Church is:
- A church that serves Jesus with its whole heart according to John 4:24
- A church that is doing the works of Jesus according to Matt 25:34-40
- A Holy Spirit filled and led church according to Acts 1:8
- A church that understands that they are the Bride of Christ
- A place where families (both single parents as well as married) come together to worship God
- A multi-generational Church
- An international church – one that reaches all cultures & nationalities
- A place where the whole person can be ministered to body, soul, & spirit according to 1 Thes 5:23
- A church that ministers to the needs of the community such as: helping in community activities and giving to those in need (clothing, food, transportation, even shelter)
- A church that wants to help those who are dealing with teenage pregnancy – possible future daycare center
- A church that teaches financial stewardship
- A church that wants to help people get jobs and start businesses
- A church that wants to be involved in community activities such as Bike Week and ice fishing derby’s
- A church that wants to help those who are bound by addictions such as drugs and alcohol
What We Believe
There is only one true God who is the eternal King, Creator and Redeemer of all that is. He is perfectly
holy, just, loving and truthful. He has revealed himself to be eternally self- existent- one being in the
three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
The Bible to be the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God.
Humankind was created in the image of God to know and enjoy Him, yet we willfully rejected the
Lordship and glory of God for which we were intended. Because of this, sickness, death and judgment
entered the world and now creation experiences the effects and consequences of sin.
The Lord Jesus Christ, the one and only Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin
Mary and is God’s Anointed One, empowered by the Holy Spirit to inaugurate God’s Kingdom on earth.
He was crucified for our sins, died, was buried, resurrected and ascended into heaven, and is now alive
today, in the presence of God the Father and in his people. He is “true God” and “true man.”
We are saved by God’s grace, though faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ. Anyone can be
restored to fellowship with God through repenting of sin, believing in and receiving Jesus as their
personal Lord and Savior. The Holy Spirit, convicts, regenerates, justifies, and adopts us as we enter the
Kingdom of God as His sons and daughters.
In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live holy and
minister supernaturally. The baptism of the Holy Spirit according to Acts 1:4-8 and 2:4 is poured out on
believers that they might have power to be witnesses.
The victorious redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides freedom from the power of Satan, sin,
lies, sickness and torment.
The Church consists of all who put their faith in Jesus Christ. He gave His church the ordinances of
Baptism and Communion. The Church exists to carry on the ministry of Jesus Christ and further advance
His kingdom by undoing the works of Satan, preaching and living the good news of God’s love, discipling
the nations, baptizing and teaching them to love and obey God.
In the ever increasing government of God and the Blessed Hope, which is the glorious visible return of
our Lord Jesus Christ for His overcoming bride, His church. Heaven and hell are real places. There will be
a resurrection of the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting death.